This is an analysis of the poem Confession that begins with:
I love you - I love you, e'en as I
Rage at myself for this obsession,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaacacdedefegehdhdiidXdijijiaiagffgkaak
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 41,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111011 111110010 111111010 01011111 111101011 11111001 110101011 01000101 111101010 11111101 111101010 11011111 111101110 11011111 111001010 11010101 111001110 11110101 110110110 11111111 111110110 111111110 01110100 11111111000 01011001 111100110 01110011 111011110 11010111 100101010 101100101 111001110 11010101 010101110 11111101 11011111 110101010 1011011 011100011 110011011 01110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1495
- Average number of words per stanza: 278
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, your, when, my, or are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, when are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines me is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Confession;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.