This is an analysis of the poem Bound For Your Distant Home that begins with:
Bound for your distant home
you were leaving alien lands....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabacbcb deeebabX dedefXfd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 10101001 011011111 111011 110111 110001 11111 100101 1111101 011001 1010101 10101100 1111101 00110101 111001011 10101000 1101101 101100 1101111 10101001 1101100 1100100 10110110 11101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 234
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bound For Your Distant Home;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.