This is an analysis of the poem A Wish that begins with:
The days drag on, each moment multiplies
Within my wounded heart the pain and sadness...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcddeed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0111110101 01110101110 0101011111 01010101010 1111010111 11110100111 1101011101 11010100011 1111010101 10010101010 10011101010 0111111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 523
- Average number of words per stanza: 96
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; me is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Wish;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.