This is an analysis of the poem A Serenade that begins with:
I watch Inesilla
Thy window beneath,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XABA XcXc cdXX Xede XABA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111000 11001 110010 01101 1000110 11011 011001 11111 110111 01111 010110 11111 01001 111001 110111 01011 111000 11001 110010 01101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 93
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of A Serenade;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.