This is an analysis of the poem Verses Left By Mr. Pope that begins with:
With no poetic ardour fir'd
I press the bed where Wilmot lay;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab abab cdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010101010 11011101 11111101 01110111 01111111 11110101 11010101 01010101 111101001 11010111 11110111 11001111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Verses Left By Mr. Pope;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.