This is an analysis of the poem To Lady Mary Wortley Montagu that begins with:
In beauty, or wit,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbcddc XeeceXc XbXbaab Xffdggd aggahha
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 01011 11011 010110011 110010 111010 01001011 1 01001 01011 11001101 11001 01001 11101111 1 101011 01111 01011001 11001 01101 00101001 1 11011 101011 10111101 11101 001011 01001101 1 10011 11001 11011011 101001 101111 11011011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Lady Mary Wortley Montagu;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Alexander Pope
- Analysis of Chorus Of Athenians
- Analysis of The Temple Of Fame
- Analysis of In Imitation Of E. Of Dorset : Artemisia