This is an analysis of the poem And I Shall Watch that begins with:
And I shall watch how's coming to its end
The universe, my country, native....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba bccc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ottava rima
- Metre: 1111110001 010111010 011110100 100101010 111001101 10010001010 1001010001 010100010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of And I Shall Watch;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.