This is an analysis of the poem Prologue To Rodin In Rime that begins with:
Nor I can give, nor you can take; endures...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aabbccbbddeeffcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 001 1111111101 010101101 0101010001 1101010111 11111111011 10110101001 1011010101 1100010001 1101100011 011101110 1101000011 1101100101 1111011101 1111010001 1101101101 010111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 341
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Prologue To Rodin In Rime;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.