This is an analysis of the poem By The Fire that begins with:
We who are lovers sit by the fire,
Cradled warm 'twixt thought and will,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcabcdeedcffcfghhgebcbiciciffijeje
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 35,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111011010 1011110 1111101 0010001010 1110001 11110011 11011101 0010011101 01010101 110010101 1011101 01010111 01010101 110101001 11110111 10110101 11010111 10110101 1101011001 110101101 11010100 11111101 11110101 10010101 0101001100 1111100101 101111111 01111111 10111111 10011101 011011100 11110101 100101 100100101 110100001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1366
- Average number of words per stanza: 226
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of By The Fire;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.