This is an analysis of the poem Books And Thoughts that begins with:
Old ghosts that death forgot to ferry
Across the Lethe of the years -...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaccccdcdcXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 111101010 0101000 11111111 111011110 101101100 11110101 11110101 101010101 1101101011 10010111 110111111 110100101 01010111 101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 261
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Books And Thoughts;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.