This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet V that begins with:
A tide of beauty with returning May
Floods the fair city; from warm pavements fume ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaccadcedce
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101000101 1011001101 1001110101 0111010111 1001010101 01011101001 1101111101 0111010101 1111111101 1001110101 11100010111 1001111101 0111000101 11011101100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 631
- Average number of words per stanza: 106
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet V;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.