This is an analysis of the poem Broceliande that begins with:
Broceliande! in the perilous beauty of silence and menacing shade,
Thou art set on the shores of the sea down the haze ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXaaX aaa aaXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100001001001011001 111101001101 00101000100 01001001001 101101101 100 101111001001011101 1001101101111001001 010101110100100101 011101101110100101 11011100100101001 10010010011110 011100 100 100 100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 257
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word broceliande is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines broceliande is repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase broceliande connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Broceliande;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.