This is an analysis of the poem How We Heard The Name that begins with:
The river brought down
dead horses, dead men ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXcXXaXdbdXceXaefdacXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011 11011 1101001 010001 1010111 101101 111001 010101 010101 11111 11111 11101 11011 00111 11101 100100 1101 1100101 0100001 110001 011101 110101 10111 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 561
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of How We Heard The Name;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.