This is an analysis of the poem Stand For Teacher that begins with:
Stand for the teacher and honor his rank...
...for a teacher is almost as a prophet...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcXXcXababXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101011001 10100111010 111011101 1110111 101010110 11001010010 11011010 1100010101001 1001001111 001001001110 001011101010 111001000110 0101101111 11100111100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 623
- Average number of words per stanza: 107
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, for are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Stand For Teacher;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.