Analysis of poems
- Aa.Nkh Se Duur Na Ho Dil Se Utar Jaayegaa
- Aashiqii Be-Dilii Se Mushkil Hai
- Ab Ke Ham Bichha.De To Shaayad Kabhii Khvaabo.N Me.N Mile.N
- Ab Ke Rut Badalii To Khushbuu Kaa Safar Dekhegaa Kaun
- Ab Ke Tajdiid-E-Vafaa Kaa Nahii.N Imkaa.N Jaanaa.N
- Ab Kis Kaa Jashn Manaate Ho
- Ab Naye Saal Kii Mohalat Nahii.N Milane Vaalii
- Aise Chup Hai Ke Ye Ma.Nzil Bhii Ka.Dii Ho Jaise
- Baraso.N Ke Baad Dekhaa Ik Shakhs Dilarubaa Saa
- Beniyaaz-E-Gam-E-Paimaan-E-Vafaa Ho Jaanaa
Ahmad Faraz (Urdu: احمد فراز) born Syed Ahmad Shah (Urdu: سید احمد شاہ) on January 12, 1931 in Kohat, was a Pakistani Urdu poet. He was considered one of the great modern Urdu poets of the last century. Faraz is his pseudonym 'takhalus'. Faraz died in Islamabad on August 25, 2008.
Faraz has been compared with Faiz Ahmad Faiz, holds a unique position as one of the best poets of current times, with a fine but simple style of writing. Even common people can easily understand his poetry. Ethnically a Hindkowan, Ahmed Faraz studied Persian and Urdu at the Peshawar University. He later became lecturer at the Peshawar University. He was awarded Hilal-e-Imtiaz, Sitara-i-Imtiaz and after his death Hilal-e-Pakistan by the government.
Faraz was born in Kohat, Pakistan to Syed Muhammad Shah Barq. His brother is Syed Masood Kausar. In an interview with Rediff he recalls how his father, once bought clothes for him on Eid. He didn't like the clothes meant for him, but preferred the ones meant for his elder brother. This lead him to write his first couplet:
This text is based on the copyrighted Wikipedia article; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License