This is an analysis of the poem The Flower Seller that begins with:
A gazelle came selling fresh-plucked flowers,
Their beauty enhanced by artful display....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXbXXXXXXXXXcbXXXXdXXXcdaXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 32,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0011101110 1100111001 011011011000 11111101010 11110111010 11010101110 11110101110 010011101 1111111011 100101110 11111111010010 10001010 11111111010 1000101 111111110010 1110101010 11111111010 101101011101 1111101111010 111111010011 1111111110 11111 1111110011 011101 111110010 0010101110 1001001000 110101000 0101000101 101001001 010100110 1110100111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1347
- Average number of words per stanza: 272
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, '', said are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines '' is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Flower Seller;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.