This is an analysis of the poem When You Were Reading Those Tormented Lines that begins with:
When you were reading those tormented lines
In which the heart's resonant flame sends out glowing streams...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabX bcXX cXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101011101 0101100111101 110101011 101010101 1101011101 10011101011 0101010100 10010011 110101100101 0101010101010 110011010011 011100110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 271
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of When You Were Reading Those Tormented Lines;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.