This is an analysis of the poem Upon A Haystack On A Southern Night that begins with:
Upon a haystack in lands of South,
I lay, while facing skies of night,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXb cdcd beXeXbabd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010110101 11110101 010010111 1100111001 011101110 11010001 111001010 0110111 01100101 10011101 01010111 11010101 011101010 11001101 0011001010 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Upon A Haystack On A Southern Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.