This is an analysis of the poem The Battle Of Salamis that begins with:
The night was passing, and the Grecian host
By no means sought to issue forth unseen. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdbefgabXgcdbhadehcXXaffXXaXdcaXeabddaXehhecghb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 49,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0111010101 1111010101 1101010011 1101010001 1001010101 0101011111 1001000101 10110100101 1101011111 0100101011 1101010100 0100010101 1100010101 1101110101 1101010001 1111010001 1111010100 1001111111 01011011101 1111011101 11110010101 111011111100 1011010101 0111010101 1111110101 01000101001 1001000101 11010010101 1101000101 0111010101 0111011111 1101111101 0111011101 0101011000 0101010101 0100011101 1001010101 0111000101 1001011111 1101000101 1111011101 0101110001 1111111101 0100010101 1011010101 0100111111 1101011101 1011110011 1011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2163
- Average number of words per stanza: 384
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your, and, ship, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, were are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Battle Of Salamis;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.