This is an analysis of the poem Prometheus Bound that begins with:
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabcXddbXeXdfgfcXXgXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001 110 111 101 1010 1100 0101 1101 111 101 1111 111 1001 11010 1000 111 11110 00110 111 1111 1101 1001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 365
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 16 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Prometheus Bound;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Aeschylus
- Analysis of The Appointed Time
- Analysis of The Lament Of The Old Nurse
- Analysis of The Defiance Of Eteocles