This is an analysis of the poem Doubting Heart that begins with:
WHERE are the swallows fled?
Frozen and dead, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabCdddb eefCgggf ddhCeeehXccbCcccb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101 1011 0101111101 1101 110101 110101 010101 0100110111 110101 1011 0011100111 1101 110101 011101 110111 0111011101 011101 1101 0101010101 1101 010111 101101 1110101 1101000101 110111 0101 1111010001 1101 110101 111111 101101 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 250
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Doubting Heart;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.