This is an analysis of the poem O Bacchus! Rul Til Jorden Paa Din Tønde that begins with:
O Bacchus! rul til Jorden paa din Tønde,
og tril den op paa dette kjære Bord;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa XXXX XXXb cXcX XXXX XXXX bXXX XXXX XXXa XXXX dXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101110111 11111111 11111110 11111111 1101101101 1101110101 11011111 1111101101 11111101110 110011111100 1110111100 11011110 110111111 010111111 110011101 11011110 1111111 100111010 111110110 11111111 11011111000 110111111 1111111110 1101101111 1111101110 111101111 11110111110 111001111 1111101100 1101111011 1111100010 1000110 10111111 111111111 11011011 11111111 111101101 11011011 110111101 10111110 1011110101 1111010111 111110101 11101100
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 150
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; bort, det, da, i, de are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words bort, da are repeated.
The author used the same words og, da at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of O Bacchus! Rul Til Jorden Paa Din Tønde;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.