This is an analysis of the poem Hiemfarten that begins with:
Luna! kierlige Møe! Elskovssyg-sødtblegnende Jomfrue, du!
Har du Foibos den stærkblussende Helt afløst paa Himmelen?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXaXXXaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 25,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011001010 1010110111100 10111111111111100 1111110110110 11011101111100 11111100110100 10100100111010 1110011011001100 11000101111100 111110100100 11101100011100 1100111111110 1011111011010 101011010110100 10111111010 11001101111000 1010111111101100 111011101111110 11111101111110 11001101110100 11110111111010 111110111101 101011101111110 11100100111111 11110110010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1502
- Average number of words per stanza: 271
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 59 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; din, du, af, skynd, dig, med are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hiemfarten;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.