This is an analysis of the poem Christi Fødsel that begins with:
Hver Vaar, naar Taagerne flygte hen,
Da fødes det lille Barn Jesus igien....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX aaXXXb XXXXXX XbXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111011 111111010 110111111 101101011 101001111 110111101 11100101 11110111 110111101 01111100 1101001101 11011101 110101101 11010111 110111101 110101101 110010111 1110100 1101011011 1111101 110111101 11111011 11100111 111101101 110101101 11011101 11110101 111001101 110101101 111101111 110101101 110010111 11010111 1101000111 11100101 110110011 111101101 1101101111 10011111 11011101 110101110 110110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 216
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, det, til, hans, og, paa are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words til, hans, og, at are repeated.
The author used the same word og at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines nt, d are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Christi Fødsel;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.