This is an analysis of the poem Ye Wearie Wayfarer that begins with:
Hark! the bells of distant cattle
Waft across the range,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdXdadXccc efefghgh fifiXhXhieXeaeae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,8,16,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 10101 10101010 10111 10100110 101001 11101110 11101 1110101 10101 11101010 11001 11101010 10101 10101010 00101 10001010 101001 10001010 11111 10101110 10111 00101010 00111 100111010 10011 1011010 10101 10001010 00101 01101110 10101 10111111 11101 101001010 10101 10101110 11111 10001010 10011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 376
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ye Wearie Wayfarer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.