This is an analysis of the poem Cui Bono that begins with:
Oh! wind that whistles o'er thorns and thistles,
Of this fruitful earth like a goblin elf;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbacdcefgf bhihedgXcjkj clXlgfkflaga jeiefcXgcjdad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,13,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11110101110 0010110101 1111101010 111100101 0100100101 0100101101 10101001101 001010101 1111111101 10101001001 11111101011 110100111 1011111101 11011001011 011010111110 01100101101 1011100100 010101001 01011101001 1110101100 11101111101 101111101 101111111001 0110101111 110011101 111101111 11111111001 0010100111 1111110101 1010101111 1011101001 1110010101 11100100101 1011101111 10101101001 110101011 111110101 111111001 1111011010 010111001 1010101111 0111011001 111101010010 1101100111 11101111011 1010111111 111011011001 011110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 416
- Average number of words per stanza: 81
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you, by, we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cui Bono;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.