This is an analysis of the poem A Dedication that begins with:
They are rhymes rudely strung with intent less
Of sound than of words,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbbbXbcdcdeeedXfXfbXbfXgbghhhgeieiXeeiXebeaaae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 48,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010011 01101 011110110 11011 10101111010 010010010 111111000 11111 101011111 11111 110111110 11111 010110111 110011110 111110110 11011 110010110 11001 01110110 01001 010011010 111010110 011010110 01011 0010011010 01001 011010010 010001 010110110 111110110 110010110 11111 001000111010 01101 1101110110 11001 1011011000 111110010 0100011010 11001 00011010110 11111 1111011010 01101 10100110010 11001010 110111010 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1684
- Average number of words per stanza: 282
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, that, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Dedication;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.