This is an analysis of the poem The Coo Of The Cushat that begins with:
Over the smooth lawns, broider'd with violets,
Over the hedges of snow-white thorn,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba bbbb cdXe afXf fcbc ghah biXi hjgjeibiXdgdg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100111000100 100100111 10010011010 01001001001 00110011110 101100111 010010011010 0110100111 110111010010 0110110111 110111010010 1111101100 110111110110 1101100111 1010011010010 101100101 110111011010 11011001001 1011110010010 11011001001 110111111110 11101111101 110011110010 11011111011 111010110010 11011101011 1111110101010 11011011011 1011010010010 100100101 011010010010 00101100101 111110011010 01111111001 111111010010 00101100111 11110011111 01011001101 11110011111 1011011011
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 200
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; over, so, i, to, you, and, as, me are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words over, i, to are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Coo Of The Cushat;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.