This is an analysis of the poem Holy Communion that begins with:
Father, for Jesus' sake,
Low at the footstool of Thy throne, I pray... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba cddc deed fggf hhXh biXb jbbj ikkijffj lddl mddm
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,8,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101 1101001111 1100110101 1100111 111111 11001110101 1011011100 1100011 111101 0011011101 1101110101 110001 000101 1100101101 11000011001 101101 110100 1111010101 1101010100 110000 110101 10111111000 1111110010 101101 111101 0001101101 0101111111 101101 100101 110101111 1111100101 101111 111101 1101110101 1101010111 100101 100101 1111111101 0111000101 111111 100101 1111010011 1001111101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 153
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Holy Communion;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.