This is an analysis of the poem P.S. that begins with:
P:The statistician and the poet need each other,
But not yet....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab cXc de fe XX g dbb fd dXXb XaX gggX XXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,3,2,2,2,1,3,2,4,3,4,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010101110 111 1111 01010010100 011 101001001010 101100 10010110101010 11101101110 11100010101 111111110 1111010010 100101010100 010110100111 1010000110 110010110001010 01010010101 1001101011100 1001010010000 010101010101 1000010111 1110000101101000 1010110010 0110110110 10100111010 10110100110 0110101110100110 1101001011010 1001010 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 93
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; number, lyric are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines lyric is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of P.S.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.