This is an analysis of the poem Broken Glass that begins with:
The house still stands: but Hitler has had five shots.
The glass, the maddening glass, is everywhere....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXXbXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01111101111 01010010101 111100110111 11110110100 11011100100 0010101001001 11110110101 111010101111 1011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 392
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; glass, still, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, we are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Broken Glass;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.