This is an analysis of the poem Astronomer that begins with:
Sky-man in a manhole
with astronomy for dream,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXb ccX bXd ecb XaX eeb Xdc XbXXabb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110011 0010011 0100111 111010 010010 100110 1011 100001 011111 10100 0010 10101 00111 1101 00100101 1010101 0110 01001 1001010 01010 1010010 00101 010011 101010 0101 001101 11
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 64
- Average number of words per stanza: 11
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Astronomer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.